My sister is expecting her second baby and this past weekend myself, my mom and my sister threw her a baby sprinkle!
We took the name “sprinkle” literally and decided on a sprinkle themed party. There is no such thing as too many sprinkles right??? We had sprinkles everywhere and I think my mom is still vacuuming them up…sorry Mom! My sister doesn’t know if she is having a boy or girl so the rainbow-colored sprinkles were the perfect color combination for a gender neutral party and a nice change from doing the typical (and sometimes boring) yellow everywhere baby shower.
We ordered the invitation from zazzle.com and of course it was sprinkle themed. To display it at the party, we filled a glass container with sprinkles and placed the invitation on the mound of sprinkles (see pic above). It looked super cute!
For the centerpieces, we used white pitchers as the vase and filled them with yellow tulips (perfect for this time of the year). We also filled baby bottles with sprinkles and placed them on each table. It helped carry the sprinkle theme to the tables and my sister can use the bottles once she empties out all of the sprinkles.
We had the party at my mom’s house and we served a brunch buffet, so for the place settings we just placed simple silverware wrapped in a white napkin and tied with a sprinkle bow at each seat. And, it is one less thing to carry as you are making your way through the buffet.
Everything was homemade by my mom, sister and myself and it all came out great. The menu included:
- Juice, coffee, and Bellini’s (of course not for the mom to be 🙂 )
- Fruit platter
- Croissants with apricot butter
- Mini quiche in 3 varieties – ham and cheddar, sausage and broccoli rabe, and egg whites with spinach and mozzarella
- Sprinkle donut holes
- French toast with a choice of blueberry or cinnamon syrup
- Tomato and mozzarella salad
- Mixed green salad with a simple olive oil and balsamic dressing
- Lemon chicken skewers
- Assorted Italian cookies
- Sprinkle cake – this came out awesome! Even though I wanted to bake the cake, we ended up getting it from a bakery. But, it came out just how I imagined, completely covered in sprinkles. I will definitely be taking on this cake design at some point and possibly with a funfetti cake!
Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate. Can’t wait to meet niece or nephew #3!