With the New Year’s celebrations quickly approaching, I thought I would share one of my favorite Champagne cocktails that would be a great addition to any New Year’s Party. The first time I had this cocktail I was at The Bar at the Taj Boston while we were searching for a wedding venue. I love this cocktail so much that it was the Bride’s pick for the signature cocktail at our wedding! After falling in love with this cocktail, I searched the internet to find the perfect recipe and I stumbled on this recipe from Style Me Pretty. Some recipes I found had some additional ingredients that just didn’t sound right, but this one tastes just like the one at the Taj. The French Pear Martini combines the sweetness of Elderflower, fruitiness of the pear and the bubbly Champagne into a tasty cocktail that also looks festive.
Adapted from Style Me Pretty
- 1 ½ oz. St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
- 1 ½ oz. Pear Vodka
- Chilled Champagne
- Granulated sugar for the rim (optional)
- 1 lemon, wedged (optional)
- 1 pear, sliced for garnish (optional)
- Prepare your garnishes by slicing a lemon into wedges and the pear into rounds. To prevent pear from discoloring, squeeze a lemon over cut slices.
- To prepare martini glasses, run a lemon wedge around the rim and dip into sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine St. Germain and Pear Vodka. Shake vigorously until well chilled.
- Pour into prepared martini glass and top with champagne.
- Garnish with a round of pear.
This cocktail is just as delicious without all of the garnishes if you want to keep it simple. Enjoy!